According to this experienced provider Furnished apartments in Melbourne are the way to go if you don’t have a lot of extra money to spend on things like appliances and furniture. They are also great for someone that travels a lot and doesn’t have a ton of material objects. Either way, a furnished apartment can be a great option for anyone. When you are looking for a furnished apartment, there are many things that you need to consider and this list will help you find the right apartment for your needs within your budget.
What are Your Housing Needs?
- The first thing you want to do when you start looking for furnished apartments in Melbourne is to create a budget. About 30% of a person’s take-home pay will go to rent and you should figure out what that amount is and only look at apartments in that price range. Don’t go look at other places that are out of your budget and if you want something a little bigger consider getting a roommate to help with living costs and rent.
- Make a list of all of the things that you want in a furnished apartment. How many bedrooms, bathrooms, yard, and so on. Keep this list realistic and only list thing that you really want and have some optional things that you could have but can live without.
- Check out the neighborhood that you will be living in. There are websites online like Walk Score and Address Report that will help you find the best neighborhood to live in. Keep in mind that nicer neighborhoods will be more expensive but these sites will be able to help you find one in the middle.
Looking for the Apartment
- One of the options that some people consider doing is hiring a rental agent to help them find a place, but this can cost you more. Some rental agents will charge you a percentage per month for a year for their service or charge you for your first month’s rent. So if you want to hire one, consider that in the cost.
- Use the Internet, smartphones apps, and even the local paper to look for listings. Make a list of all of the places that you are interested in and set up appointments to see them.
- Compare all of the apartments that you see to see if they have everything you want and if they are in your price range and neighborhood preference.
- Only deal with companies that have good reviews and landlords that are responsible. You can find out most of this information online, but you can also contact the courthouse to find out more about them. Look for things like cases against them.
- The last thing you want to do is an inspection. Look for anything that is missing or broken. You want to ask about everything to ensure you aren’t surprised when you move in.
After you have gone through all of the steps, all that is left is to sign the lease and move in.